What Are Restorative Dental Implants?
Dental implants are responsible for saving the smiles of millions of Americans. The American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) now estimates that 500,000 new implants are placed each year. Restorative dental implants are particularly popular with patients who have missing teeth and don't want the discomfort that comes with wearing dentures. Learn more about this valuable cosmetic treatment, which is available at the family dentist office of Taylor Made Smiles in Monroe, GA.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants provide patients with a tooth replacement option that is permanent, reliable and long-lasting. Here are a few reasons why patients are interested in tooth implantation surgery:
- Smiling, eating and talking is much more comfortable when wearing permanent implants.
- The crown on an implant can be designed to match the other teeth in color, size and shape.
- Implants are non-removable so there is no need to take them out at night for cleaning or soaking. Just brush normally.
- No one except your Monroe family dentist will ever know that you have a dental implant.
The Process of Getting Restorative Dental Implants in Monroe
Restorative dentistry is aimed at restoring your smile to its original appearance and function. Dental implants are now a common choice of dentists and patients for achieving this goal when there's a missing tooth. A small titanium “screw” is carefully placed inside of the bone tissue. It will combine with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration after a few months. When needed, new bone is grafted into the jaw to ensure a secure hold.
Are They Right for You?
If you have any of the following issues, restorative dental implants may be right for you.
- One or more missing teeth.
- Keep in mind that you must also have healthy gums and bone tissue for dental implants.
Call Dr. Taylor for Implants
Consider restorative dental implants if you want to improve your smile. Call Taylor Made Smiles in Monroe, GA at (770) 267-4404 today to schedule an appointment with a family dentist.